We collect information from and about you if you have an account or transaction (either directly with us or through our customer websites), and as part of our identity verification process. This information may include personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, username, and password.
The information could be from an online order from one of our customers. Information includes:
- Your account and identify information;
- Billing and delivery information, including credit card / payment details;
- Details about the transaction (amount, goods/services ordered, customer name, time and date, etc.).
We also collect information when you contact us, such as when you:
- Contact us with questions or feedback regarding our Services,
- Purchase or Billing information, or
- Respond to one of our surveys.
We collect information about the Services you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Log Files and Device Information
- Log files include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, and search terms. We may also collect information about the device you use to connect to our services, including your device type (e.g., mobile, tablet, PC or laptop), browser, and operating system.
We receive information from our customers, which may contain information about you. Examples of customer information we may receive includes:
- Employee information, which may include personally identifiable information (name, address, birth date, etc.), and other information such as wage rates, salaries, and hours worked;
- Menu items and prices;
- Order and transaction information, including net sales, discounts, and voids;
We may also receive information about you from third parties. For example, we may receive information about you from:
- Third-party identity verification and authentication services;
- Credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover;
- Social media platforms & providers such as Facebook, Google, etc.;
- Mailing list providers; and
- Publicly available sources.
We may use the information we receive to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, test, and improve the Services;
- Provide and create documentation, training, and support related to the Services;
- Process transactions and use data to create user histories and profiles;
- Create and deliver analytics and data aggregation, including de-identified comparative analytics, or customer’s sales and related behavior
we use the information for the reasons described above include:
Examples of ways: We may use the information we collect to contact you via e-mail, SMS / text, or via in-App notifications. For example, we may send you:
- Transaction & order confirmations, cancellations, status updates, and receipts;
- Implementing controls to ensure that users with accounts only see the information they are authorized to see;
- Monitoring our systems to ensure that they are working as intended and to detect and fix errors;
- Accessing log information to investigate problems or unauthorized use; and
- Analyzing data and usage patterns to improve the Services;
- Promotions & marketing information about and from us or our Customers; and
- Requests to complete surveys & provide feedback.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Perform and facilitate customer credit checks and financing;
- Protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- Enforce the Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- verify your identity;
- Protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches; or
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
Information We Share
We may share the information we collect:
- With any of our parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies, agents, and business partners for the purposes outlined above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- hosting and database services,
- payment processors,
- identity verification services,
- mail, e-mail, and text messaging services,
- providers of analytics, data processing, order fulfillment, product delivery, user data management, and customer support services, and
- marketing, research, and survey services.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe it is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- enforce the terms of the Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- verify your identity;
- protect us, users of our Services, or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches; or
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
- For other purposes after obtaining your consent.
We may share the information we collect with our customers whom you patronize. Customers may use this information to contact you directly about their own products and services, promotions, customer rewards programs, and requests to complete surveys and provide feedback.
We also may share aggregated information with third parties that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
We generally retain information about you only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services. We may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- Prevent fraud;
- Collect fees owed;
- Resolve disputes;
- Address problems with our Services;
- AEnforce our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies; or
- Take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
If you have an account, you may access, change, or correct your personal account information at any time by logging into your account. Otherwise, if you believe that we have information about you that should be changed or corrected, you may make the request to us using the contact details below. We may need to verify your identity before changing or correcting your information.
However, due to legal, contractual, and technical restrictions, we may not be able to make the change or correction. For example,
- If we received the information about you from one of our customers, we may be legally and contractually required to refer your request to that customer;
- In the event of legal action or dispute, we may be prohibited from altering any information; or
- We maintain regular backups and archives of our data, and changing archived data may be impracticable.
We work hard to maintain the security, reliability, accuracy, and completeness of our Services and the information we hold. In particular, we:
- Implement administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction;
- Encrypt many of our Services industry-standard technologies;
- Comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS);
- Review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems;
- Restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
- Only use third-party service providers to store and transmit personal information in compliance with this Policy, who agree to appropriate confidentiality and security measures, and if necessary, undergo industry-recognized independent third party data security audits.
Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that internet or e-mail transmissions are fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail or messages sent to or from our Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to us via the Internet.Our services are not targeted or directed at children under the age of 12.
- Our customer’s or Partner websites;
- A third-party authentication site.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of those third party websites or services. If you use or visit those third party services, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding their terms and conditions. The inclusion of any website link does not imply Our approval, endorsement, or recommendation, and we expressly disclaim any liability for these third party services.